Health Economist Job Description:
In collaboration with a strategic academic customer partner, the Research Scientist will be a highly flexible, collaborative and innovative individual, committed to provide the best possible service to our customer and other stakeholders. The incumbent will undertake a range of modeling activities that will advance HEOR (health effectiveness & outcomes research) project objectives for Healthineers.
This role has primary the following responsibilities:
• Leading tasks or components of large, complex quantitative modeling projects including cost-effectiveness, budget impact, cost-comparison, and hospital-based HTA models.
• Implement programming of high complexity models, using various modeling applications (Microsoft Excel, R, TreeAge, Python, WinBUGS).
• Conduct quality control checks on model calculations; identify issues with model programming and recommend solutions.
• Review and finalize project deliverables and ensure study findings are valid and reliable.
• Conduct targeted literature reviews, systematic literature reviews, and meta-analyses.
• Research, prepare, and coordinate scientific publications by writing high-quality medically/scientifically accurate deliverables including manuscripts for publications in medical/scientific journals, abstracts for submission to medical/scientific conferences, and poster content for presentation.
• Address document revisions, comments, review rounds, and submissions.
• Contribute to best practices for the team as it relates to economic evaluations, model development and validation, data organization and programming standards.
• Keep apprised of technical developments in the field and share best practices.
• Manage projects with minimal supervision and coordinates production of deliverables
• Build relationships in research collaborations with health economists, physician, research and clinical staff.
Requirements & Capabilities:
• Track record of HEOR modeling publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Relevant research experience; 2 years (with PhD) or 5 years (with MS), preferably experienced working with medical devices and diagnostics
• Understanding of simulation methods (Markov models, discrete-event simulation, etc.), optimization (linear, non-linear, stochastic), survival/mortality analysis, statistical modeling (logistic, ordinal, regressions, etc.)
• Demonstrated analytical, creative problem solving, and structured communication skills.
• Ability to manage own time and proactively identify prioritized tasks for multiple concurrent projects.
• Focus on attention to detail
• Strong written and spoken English language skills
• Strong communications skills and experience developing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and develop customer/partner strategies.
• Knowledge of Healthineers solution & product landscape preferred.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.