Welding Engineer - Eynsham, Oxford - Fantastic Career and Benefits
Siemens Healthineers have an exciting opportunity for a Welding Engineer to join our team based between Oxford and Witney.
Our team of engineers ensure that our manufacturing processes and equipment reliably deliver products of the highest quality, at the right cost, and on time to ensure our customer needs are met.
As Welding Engineer you’ll be working alongside our quality, materials and R&D departments as part of our team driving continuous improvement activities, as well as developing other welding technicians and engineers to further enhance our processes.
Your mission and responsibilities:
· Technical responsibility for welding activities, ensuring code compliance to ASME 8, EN 13445 and PED.
· Management of exciting projects.
· Development, implementation, support and improvement of welding techniques and processes, manual, robotic and automated.
· In partnership with engineering, introduce new products into production, identify, assess and develop future technologies and processes.
W Welding Jig Design
hh Carrying out Engineering Critical Assessments (ECA)
Interaction with notified bodies, internal audit teams and suppliers.
Discussions, support, challenge processes and liaise with direct workforce
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/about/factories/smt
Use your skills and experience to move the world forward:
· Hold or working towards a European Welding Engineer qualification - European Welding Specialist (EWS), Technologist (EWT), Engineer (EWE) or extensive equivalent experience and qualifications in CSWIP (3.0, 3.1, 3.2) or post graduate with relevant experience and skills.
· Experience of welding stainless steel pressure vessels is desirable.
· Experience working with regulatory bodies and report writing surrounding welding topics.
· Proven track record in developing techniques, processes and designs within a site manufacturing environment is critical.
Your personality and skills:
· Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time