Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. strives to make commercial / industrial buildings and campuses energy efficient and resilient, achieving optimal performance with a unique value proposition, giving our clients a clear competitive advantage around energy demand, supply and grid resiliency.
With our comprehensive Projects & Services offering, we are profoundly changing how our client’s sites and activities generate and consume energy. We drive bold and innovative energy efficiency and sustainability solutions, and implement measures with strong performance guarantees and financing possibilities. We are seeking an individual with the knowledge and experience to drive energy resilient solutions combining generation, distribution and demand side management technologies for our Federal clients in the continental U.S and around the world.
- Drive the business development for our offerings to customers across the country. You act as the link between Siemens Governmental Technologies, and Smart Infrastructure (and Digital Industries).
- Engage with primary accounts to gather business and technical requirements, determine business needs and design appropriate solutions related to our Smart Infrastructure as well as Siemens Governmental Technologies capabilities.
- Develop and deploy sales leads for energy supply and storage technologies as well as energy savings with an emphasis on energy resilience and security.
- Promote our three Ds: “Digitalization, Decentralization and Decarbonization”: efficiency, energy resilience, sustainability.
- Generate and increase order intake and drive the organization to the next level of expertise by demonstrating our competence in critical military infrastructure with an emphasis on electrical infrastructure
- Establish relationships based on knowledge of customer’s requirements and understanding of their technology strategy
- Responsibility for elaborating tailored solution design and proposals by analyzing customer’s technical assets and infrastructure.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, best practices and competitive differentiation to lead pursuit teams that will prepare and deliver compelling customer experiences in support of selling efforts.
- Maximize the use of incentives and programs to monetize energy resilience and security features and support project financing
- Excellent understanding of the Aerospace, Defense and Government sector, its particular activity constrains including contractual models’ delivery (ie GSA, IDIQ, ESPC, ESTCP-SERDP, JOC, MAC, etc).
- Understanding of energy contract vehicles including ESPCs, UMCSs, PPA’s, UP, UESCs and other contracts as required
Responsibilities and tasks:
- This candidate will be responsible to establish and build a trusted advisor and credible business and technical consulting relationship with clients and sales executives
- Develop an account plan that identifies and influences opportunities to drive market share and revenue growth with key accounts in the federal space.
- Develop and communicate (in writing) conceptual solutions that alleviate customers pain points and effectively convey the solution to both our internal team as well as Federal evaluation teams
- Lead the development and delivery of presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, proposals and business and technology status reviews
- Regular interaction with executives to become a trusted advisor
- Manage customer technical queries and coordinate the resources to develop a response
- Drive repeat business with existing customers
- Oversee and guide the client in the selection of appropriate solutions and suites of technology with an eye towards differentiating our capabilities
- Good collaboration capabilities with Smart Infrastructure teams and contribution with field experience for further solution improvements
- Identify, Communicate and resolve different approaches and technology applications to develop resilient and secure energy infrastructure
- Consulting sales proficiency and responsibility for driving the complete interaction process with the customer, from qualification to deal closing.
- Lead the development and delivery of client’s requests for information, proposals, demonstrations and proof of concept exercises
- Convey compliance and scoring criteria to team supporting proposal efforts
- On-site assessment of client’s existing energy and equipment situation, decision-making stakeholders and processes including Siemens Governmental Technologies
- Fluency with technical aspects of energy project sales and ESPC business models including supply and demand side.
- Travel required up to 40%
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Excellent verbal group presentation and written communications skills
- 10+ years of experience in business/project development management
- BS Engineering or equivalent (BS in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills that positively influence teams with a common understanding of what success looks like
- Experience leading and managing teams of technical and business consultants from within, and outside of their formal organization
- Basic know-how of financial business models and contractual requirements for energy procurement would be an additional asset
- Experience having worked in a matrixed organization would be helpful
- Excellent consulting / relationship management skills. Ability to negotiate and/or mediate difficult, complex, and often politically charged issues. Experience in consultative selling on C-level
- Strong presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations and logistics
- Preferable experience in energy, automation, fire protection, solar and /or power generation as well as electrical infrastructure
- Understanding of power distribution from the substation to building level and requirements for interconnection of generating assets
- Ability to build alliances to form strong, effective teams
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain an active U.S. government Secret clearance
- U.S citizenship is required based on government requirement for clearance
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.