Siemens Energy is the most holistic energy company in the world with an unprecedented value proposition in the field of conventional and renewable energies with an installed fleet of more than 100,000 units globally, a business volume of €30 billion realized by over 80,000 employees. This includes the full value chain from oil and gas, power generation, power transmission and related services.
Join our team now at Siemens Energy as FI/CO Application Analyst for SAP ERP.
Join a team of highly experienced IT professionals who support Gas and Power (GP) in the company's aim to shape the future of the energy market. Our core purpose as IT organization is to deliver IT solutions that provide a competitive advantage to GP.
This position provides global governance and consulting for finance and controlling processes in the Gas and Power ERP systems. You will be adding value through driving process improvements across multiple ERP systems while generating synergies by utilizing standardized solution and driving process harmonization.
The position reports to the lead of the FICO chapter which is part of the GP IT SCM value center.
- Global demand management, process consulting & business support for the ERP systems.
- Partner with key business contacts to create requirements and functional specifications for complex SAP developments.
- Develop test cases and manage test activities.
- Development of new process solutions together with representatives of Business Units, Segments and IT.
- Perform IT Project Management duties for small-to-medium projects.
- Collaboration with other application teams, Basis & Security teams and the Service Desk team.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in global governance, global demand management & business support for IT-integrated business processes.
- 8+ years of experience in business process design in the area of finance and controlling.
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems (SAP ERP) and modules (FI, CO).
- Knowledge of accounting principles IFRS, GAAP.
- Project management experience (scheduling, quality control, change communication).
- 10 – 20% business travel (international & domestic).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Siemens financial reporting guidelines preferred.
- Knowledge Siemens specific financial processes preferred.
- Experience with FICO processes in GP ERP systems.
- SAP ERP FI/CO certification preferred.
- Project management certification is a plus.
- International working experience preferred.
- Proficiency in German is a plus.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.