The Chronic Disease Specialist is a field-based position responsible for achieving sales goals through a coordinated effort with assigned Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics distributors network; management of all aspects of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics distribution business within the territory is a key responsibility; the job includes product demonstrations, training and installations, along with the successful launch of new products and promotions through distribution; chosen candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with key decision-makers in physician office labs, hospitals, reference labs and distributor branches.
Sales Specialist will report to the Zone Sales Director, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
Develops and maintains the
image of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics as a diagnostics leader in the
Establishes and maintains close relationships with physician office labs and group practices, hospitals and reference laboratories in the assigned geography.
The Chronic Disease Specialist keeps Zone Director abreast of sales activities, market opportunities and technical developments to ensure that appropriate actions can be taken.
This position will face the challenge of implementing a sales and marketing plan for a group of products sold through verified Siemens distributor partners. Also, in the event that any new products are developed or acquired, this position will have the responsibility of integrating and selling these new products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Successful sales experience and experience selling capital equipment or selling to regional/national accounts.
- The incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Significant experience or proven ability to negotiate with, and sell to, top corporate and senior decision makers within an Integrated Delivery Network is required.
- A clean driving record over the last three years is essential.
- Develops and implements plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Pursues long-term account strategy that maximizes profits.
- May identify, develop and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals.
- Assists in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers. Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Provides management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels.
- May develop forecasts,
budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience selling through distribution channels is a plus.
- Familiarity with physician’s office marketplace is a plus.
- Familiarity with Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics products as well as competitive urine and a1c products is beneficial.
- Personal characteristics needed for success in this position within the distributor sales hierarchy include: strong motivation, negotiation and persuasion skills, independent thinking and good judgment, enthusiasm and goal orientation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.