Looking for your next big challenge? We might be able to help you.
Your challenge will be…
· Operation, administration, installation and configuration of highly complex landscapes running on various hardware/software platforms while taking considering the need of their availability, integrity and confidentiality. This includes various complex server landscape technologies (RedHat Linux, Suse Linux, Vmware, Splunk) on different hardware platforms and their high availability configurations (Veritas Cluster Server / Pacemaker).
· Evaluating the ability to integrate IT-subsystems into the overall environment.
· Check the functionality of the solution to be implemented and set it up in a test environment if necessary.
· Securing and ensuring the normal running operation (including 24 hour on-call-duty). This includes remote analyses in case of server problems/events, error elimination and if necessary, report problems to other support groups or manufacturers.
· Independent handling of very difficult operating system problems. Research and/or investigation of known errors, elimination of errors (either remote or on-site) and if necessary, report all problems to the manufacturer of the product.
· Identifying priorities in case of multiple service requirement by discussing them with the customer and/or the project coordinator.
· Carrying out qualified and extensive diagnostics by the usage of different development tools (e.g. strace etc.).
· Fulfill the requirements of the SLAs which were agreed upon with the customers (also outside of normal business hours), weekly on-call-duty is a requirement for all team members. Creation of training concepts, material, and training of application managers in order for them to be able to operate them.
· Give technical advice to the internal project coordinator or the customer in case of questions regarding server/network architecture, server connections, software which runs on the operating system (e.g. openFT, Networker, Samba, UC4, Nagios and also applications such as SAP R/3, Apache, DIRX etc.) or implementation of the connection of log sources/systems into the central Splunk Log Management solution and/or the customer solution.
· Analysis, processing and realization of use-cases in an administrative area within the existing Log Management Solutions.
· Partnership / coordination with the developer (FSC, SUSE, Splunk etc.) e.g. during integration tests, communication of requirements, initiate appropriate measures to eliminate existing problems.
Does this sound good? Our perfect candidate must have…
· Bachelor / Master preferably in Information Technology / Engineering or similar qualification
· At least 3 to 9 years of experience with the administration of high availability server solutions based on the Operating System Linux.
· 2/3 years of experience with handling of virtual infrastructures based on VMware.
· Knowledge in the Operating Systems such as SUSE Linux SLES 12/15 / RedHat Linux 6/7/8.
· Previous experience in Veritas-Cluster-Server / Pacemaker from RedHat or SUSE.
· Proven experience in Cloud AWS is a plus.
· Proven experience in Splunk is a plus.
· Knowledge in Scripting languages like Shell, Perl and Python.
· Availability to do On-call duty (7*24).
· Proficient in English.
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 700 employees with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, User Experience, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
Our Office Perks
Fresh fruit and coffee, remote work, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, sushi&pizza days, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to foster agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time