Engineering Student Internship
Location: Coralville, IA
Start Date: Summer 2020
# of Positions: 1
Hours: Full-time during the summer; Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Our Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) organization creates our Simcenter software products for computer aided engineering. STS tackles flow simulation as well as thermal, structural, acoustic, and composite analysis. We are seeking 1 motivated student who has a strong interest in the different aspects of engineering. You will get the opportunity to:
- Support the dynamics simulation software developed and supported by the Siemens PLM office in Coralville
- Learn about engineering analysis, software development, software support, and software marketing
- Test existing software to verify it performs as intended
- Develop new application software models to use in testing, training, and demonstration
- Collect reference material to use in validating simulation models
- Write documentation explaining how to use software features and how to apply the software to specific application problems
- Assist in training classes to answer participant questions
- Assist product management in updating existing examples and looking for ways to adapt them to new applications
- Compare software results with data from competitors
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
- Graduating in 2021 or later
- A good understanding of physics, math, and computer software
- Done work with various software applications running on Microsoft Windows
- Natural interest in mechanical products (cars, bikes, engines, etc.) and computer software applications
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.