NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Product Simulation Software Engineer - Senior
(Location: Cypress, CA)
Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for product assessment tools (both internal and commercial) with focus on achieving high quality and timely delivery. Builds, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas. Provides niche expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and software tools.
This position includes design, implementation, and execution of automated application / system level scalability / efficiency benchmarks for the Siemens PLM multi-tier product suite, using commercial and/or internal tools. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and improving automated test environment management systems as well as automating the post-processing of results data, and integration with metrics collection / results publication systems. Emphasis is on building and using automated, repeatable tools and processes to monitor Siemens PLM product performance / scalability during the development cycle.
- Design / build automated scalability benchmarks using a variety of commercial tools as well as Unix and Windows scripts with emphasis on PERL.
- Define / build experimental product data as the need arises (i.e. metadata and data files)
- Benchmark execution and test data collection as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or degree in information systems, computer sciences, or equivalent.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience with multiple software development languages such as Java, C++, Python, PERL or others as well as some familiarity with database SQL language
- Experience with Unix and Windows operating systems
- Proven process automation experience
- Build or update specifications and reports in Microsoft Office as required
- Proven verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven process automation experience
- Ability to follow formal benchmark specifications and implement scalability scenarios in the appropriate tool(s), including collection and post-processing of performance data and system utilization information
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience with one or more software testing automation tools such as Rational Performance Tester, Apache JMeter, LoadRunner, or Visual Studio Enterprise edition is desirable; Rational Performance Tester.
- Knowledge of one or more Teamcenter products
- Experience with development of one or more Teamcenter products highly
- Experience automating system or application software testing scalability testing automation experience
The selected individual is encouraged to be proactive, highly success oriented, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.