The Sr. Mechanical System Engineering Manager, is responsible for the mechanical system engineering of
the all products (within the Sacramento Engineering Scope of Work)
reporting to the VP of Engineering. The main objective of this role is to lead the
system engineering effort for customized versions of the
current product portfolio capitalizing on the current platforms
with the complete ownership of the system integration to agreed
customer specified requirements. This role also requires reducing costs of
current product and new product development.
- Lead a team of system engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting projects, procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
- Specify the technical requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth.
- Be in charge of mechanical systems integration of the complete product lines including agreed customer requirements, mutually agreed scope of work documents and liaise with various engineering COC's, compilation of the Technical Specifications, CDRL's and Design Review Documentation.
- Act as the technical representative and lead in customer proposal meetings. You will ensure support is provided for the customer design reviews.
- Responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met for all deliverables and across all projects.
- Prepare engineering estimates for customer change orders and future proposal work.
- Manage the budgets for your group.
- Support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles.
- Be a direct input into the design packages ensuring that all systems all fully integrated into the vehicles.
- Have overall responsible for the System Integration of your group.
- Travel up to 25% of your time.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree
- Rolling Stock experience a minimum of 10 - 15 years
- Work experience of 15 years as a minimum
- Travel will be about 25%
- Engineering management experience in Rolling Stock projects from start to finish of the Engineering, procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering as a minimum.
- Rolling Stock Engineering experience and the vehicle platforms they are derived from.
- System Engineering experience.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.