Siemens Mobility is an advanced project and product engineering company, well established in providing products and services to the railway, mining & exploration industries. Our office is located in West Perth, with our UK manufacturing arm located in Derby, the historical heart of the UK rail industry.
Siemens Mobility develops designs, builds, installs, commissions and maintains advanced industrial measurement and control equipment, mostly for passenger and heavy freight railways globally. Current project work is as diverse as instrumentation to automate the measurement of rail vehicle component wear (including wheels, brakes and power collection), the extensive monitoring of a wide range of track properties, through to the automatic operation of long heavy freight trains.
We are expanding our engineering teams to
tackle a growing project portfolio, and currently seek Australian based
applicants with some or all of the following attributes:
- minimum 5 years working experience in electrical/electronic design engineering, for products or projects
- Current Australian working rights- citizen or PR.
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering field
- experience in designing for small to medium production volumes
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- practical application skills & temperament relevant to solution prototyping in office, workshop & occasional site work environments
- strong oral & written English language communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders familiarity with ISO9001 quality management systems
- PLM process familiarity and associated tools, part and BOM creation
Other preferred experience:
- experience in design for railway & other harsh environments
- experience leading small design & development teams
- site installation, commissioning & acceptance testing experience instrumentation & data capturing hardware, and embedded software
- design with software tools relevant to robust data management
- integration of hardware & software in test and operational environments
- experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Rail electrical safety standards
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity.
Siemens Mobility Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time