The Transmission Products (TP) business unit located in Richland, MS. is seeking an experienced, self-driven Industrial Engineer. As a member of the Operation team the Industrial Engineer will be responsible as an interface between customer order engineering and manufacturing to assure manufacturing process and tooling are defined. This role is expected to drive strong performance in the following objectives: Developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods as well as Lean Management. This position will report to the Operation Manager.
- Assure manufacturing process defined and communicated from engineering to manufacturing.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information trends.
- Develop flow production layout using lean manufacturing methodologies to improve efficiency and process quality
shop floor level work instructions / Check lists to reflect the proposed
changes from the lean workshops.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Industrial Engineering degree or similar type preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of managing production processes. Production management experience is preferable.
- This is line improvement position so candidate must have experience or desire to do line improvement through Lean and or Six Sigma applications.
- 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Proactive, self-driven, team player and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.