We are seeking an Application Engineer for our PacRim EDA Distribution Technical Team. You will have a special focus on core PCB tools and methodologies (from Schematic to Placement and Routing, including Data Management and DFM). Activities on PCB analysis tools covering signal and power integrity will also be part of the role. You will be responsible for delivering Application Engineer duties starting with identifying customer needs, then deliver product presentations, demos and workshops and finally product deployment assistance to get customer started.
We are looking for a results oriented and accountable person that strives on working in an international environment. It’s important that you are self-propelled and enjoy taking on new challenges and learning new tools and methodologies as demands are constantly changing.
The position is located in Singapore, you will be working with account team and distributors across ASEAN and should anticipate frequent travelling within ASEAN. Job Duties: Main Responsibilities includes: • Technical sales support role including product presentations and demonstrations, support evaluations, competitive benchmarking, deliver workshops and occasionally trainings. • Engage as trusted advisor with customers at engineerand lower level management to find ways to solve their design challenges with Mentor Graphics tools. • Collaborate with Account Team and Distributors in the development of sales strategies and tactical plans to grow analysis business at their accounts. •Communicate with Mentor product division to influence product development in a favorable direction for our customers. • Participate in sales activities and out-bound marketing such as trade shows, workshops, seminars, Web-casts.
• Candidates must have good knowledge of the PCB design process, from schematic capture to layout, including Data
Management and DFM.
• Good understanding of today’s high performance PCB analysis challenges and solutions ranging from the traditional signal
and power integrity analysis and DDR to the high performance SERDES channels including 3D electromagnetic modelling is
• It’s an advantage to have PADS, Xpedition, Valor NPI and HyperLynx knowledge.
• It’s important that you like to take on new challenges and responsibilities and grow your competence into new areas as
market constantly evolves.
• Willing to go the extra mile to make customers successful and win business for Mentor.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills in English is required.
• Relevant experience from a comparable job would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Asia Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time