Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as
Head of Operations - (M/F)
The newly created position of Head of Operations, Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics FTD is responsible for all business operations and supply chain activities for the Fast Track Diagnostics business, located in Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg. Functional responsibilities range from order intake through manufacturing and production all the way to shipping, logistics and warehousing. The Head of Sales Operations, Head of Supply Chain & Logistics as well Head of Manufacturing at FTD report into this position. Besides day to day operations, strategic long-term development of manufacturing operations is also part of the responsibilities. The position reports to the General Manager at FTD with dotted line reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Management of the overall Diagnostics business at Siemens Healthineers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Drive day to day operations with the goal of professionalizing processes, reducing turn-around time and scrap and improving output
- Provide direction to direct reports and teams to facilitate cross-functional collaboration
- Establish and run KPI system to create transparency and accountability for FTD Operations
- Establish supply chain and manufacturing planning process in alignment with global sales organization for Molecular Diagnostics
- Set ambitious goals to meet customer demand and hold the team accountable to deliver against the business goals
- Drive continuous process improvements and productivity
- Close collaboration with functional heads within the FTD organization, e.g. Head of Quality, Head of Finance, Head of R&D, etc. as well as within the broader Siemens Healthineers organization, e.g. Head of SCM Diagnostics, Head of Sales Operations Molecular Diagnostics
- Provide frequent update on current performance and expected future development to General Manager as well as Molecular Diagnostics management team
- Own and drive special projects impacting FTD Operations, including site expansion, cross-site collaboration and consolidation, global supply chain integration in alignment with SCM strategy for the global Diagnostics business
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at http://www.fast-trackdiagnostics.com/
Your qualifications and experience
- Masters degree in Supply Chain / Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in manufacturing / operations, ideally in diagnostics or medical device industry
- Further qualifications, e.g. Six Sigma is a plus
Your attributes and skills:
- You are able to digest complex data sets and convert them to actionable information to drive performance
- You have extensive leadership skills to develop a high performing team
- You have great communication skills across functions, organizational levels and cultural backgrounds
· You have excellent written and spoken English language skills
- You have a professional working knowledge of common software packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- The role will require occasional travel
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at http://www.fast-trackdiagnostics.com/about-us/career/
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: FAST TRACK DIAGNOSTICS LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time