Organization: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Type: Full time / permanent
Join our team as “Field Application Engineer (m/f/d)” in Munich, Germany.
The Field Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The position owner must align closely with Account Managers to help them meet and exceed quotas, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
As Field Application Engineer you are responsible for successfully driving Mentor’s Solido products into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in custom IC simulation, as well as strong communication skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by electronic design automation software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development such as installation of customized applications/solutions
- Illustrate the value Mentor brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor’s Solido software with developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations as well as performing benchmark evaluations for customers
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities
- Drive business for Mentor, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor products and differentiate from the competition
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with Mentor R&D on customer feedback and requests
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Multiple years of experience in electronic design automation
- Broad understanding of custom IC design methodologies and flows across analog, memory, and standard cell design
- Proven ability to map software capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of exceptional customer relationships
- Experience working with the Cadence Virtuoso environment
- Experience with custom circuit simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Eldo, AFS, etc.
- Strong working ability in a Linux/Unix command-line environment and scripting ability
- Strong oral and written communication such as presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What more do I need to know?
Mentor is one of the top tier suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry and a member of the Siemens Group. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
At Mentor we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please submit your application documents via the button "Apply".
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
Mentor & Siemens support the Program “Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. We emphasize equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional