Cloud Security Engineer
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a motivated Cloud Security Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA. This position is responsible for engineering, supporting and maintaining security solutions for IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS in federal and nonfederal environments requiring proven security models to protect the data. The Cloud Security Engineer will play a meaningful role in maintaining the controls that enable our organization to operate expertly, cost effectively, and within compliance standards.
- Identify gaps for meeting the needs of FedRAMP compliance, CMMC certification and NIST 800-171 compliance.
- Support cloud certification activities, system hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning.
- Create process documents for operations, maintenance and integrating output from these tools into daily security operations.
- Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security.
- May participate in simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
- Conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to cloud security direction and strategy planning
- Design, implement and support changes to existing security tools, applications and processes based on changes in scope or needs
- Maintain new cloud security technologies to support business and compliance standards.
- Work directly with different stakeholders to align and execute infrastructure changes to support the organization’s tools, apps and processes.
- Develop positive partnerships and work closely with other members of the Information Security and technology teams and in a coordinated and focused manner.
- Assist team members and other business units on cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects.
- Assist in other information security-related projects as assigned.
- Experience in patch management and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Strong knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Standards (800-53, 800-171), FIPS 140-3 FedRAMP security requirements, Cloud Security Alliance
- Familiarity with DISA SCCA security requirements
- Experience maintaining authority to operate (ATO) in compliance with security controls based on NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, and/or Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirement Guide (SRG).
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, IAM roles, Secured Network Architectures, and CIS foundation best practices.
- Knowledge of automation using Cloud Formation, CloudTrail, Config, CloudWatch, IAM, or KMS
- Knowledge of Cloud security fundamentals or Cyber threats as they relate to Cloud.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor's or an Associate’s Degree plus six (6) years of related IT experience
- Two (2) years of experience with AWS, network security, and system security.
- Four (4) years of experience with network security or system security development
- Certifications in CISSP, CCSP, CEH, CAP authorization or AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a security clearance.
- Candidate must be a Unites States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.