Company: SISW -
Job Title: Application Engineering Consultant – FPGA Prototype - MG – SISW - 201919
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Job Category: Applications Engineering
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Work with customers as a world leader in electronic design automation solutions, providing services for the world's largest electronics and semiconductor companies. Continue to learn and support state of the art Mentor Graphics FPGA Prototyping HW and SW tools. This position will provide technical selling support to the Americas' sales team out of the Fremont office. As an FPGA Prototyping Applications Engineer, you will contribute to our success by assisting in the sales and deployment of Mentor Graphics FPGA Prototyping verification products as well as by increasing customer satisfaction and productivity both on-site and remotely.
- Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise. Requires working directly with customers as a part of the sales team during product evaluations to ensure technical milestones are met.
- Deploy Mentor FPGA prototyping software and hardware solutions at customers.
- Promote technical customer service to build and improve customer relationships to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities and requirements.
- Troubleshoot and remove technical obstacles. Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates.
- Provide feedback and product ideas to our FPGA prototyping product development teams to improve overall product
- Communicate customers' technical requirements to product marketing
- Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with our customers
- 5+ years’ experience in design, verification, simulation, emulation/prototyping of electronics chips and systems or recent experience as an Applications Engineer in a relevant field
- BS or MS in EE, CE, CS or related areas
- SystemVerilog, Verilog and VHDL RTL design experience
- ASIC and/or FPGA implementation experience (synthesis, place&route)
- Verification experience with SystemVerilog, SystemC and/or C/C++
- Debug of RTL designs and simulation
- Proficient in scripting languages used today (e.g., Perl, Python, various shell scripts/Makefiles, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Industry experience with FPGA design and FPGA tools (Xilinx Vivado, Intel/Altera Quartus) is a must
- Experience with simulation environments using Questa/Incisive/VCS, OVM or UVM.
- Experience with Emulation and Static Timing Analysis is a plus
- Competitive personality driven to win, ethically, in competitive business situations
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to deliver training and demos to customers
- Willing to travel to drive business engagements as required across North America (10%).
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.