During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Software is a world-leading provider of simulation (1D &3D), testing hardware and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realize innovation by optimizing their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support.
Siemens Software is a business of Siemens A.G, with more than 10,000 employees and 140,000 customers worldwide.
Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products, Siemens Software partners with our customers to provide industry software solutions that help companies everywhere achieve sustainable competitive advantage by making real the innovations that matter.
Currently, research and development teams in 1D, 3D and Test divisions focus on the enablement of the digital twin technology. We target the development of key technologies and features that will make Digital Twin development and use as easy as possible for our customers using Siemens software products. The software tools that we focus on are Simcenter 3D Motion, Simcenter Amesim and Simcenter Testlab.
The recruitment procedures will be transparent, efficient and internationally comparable; they will be based on competitive selection with equal opportunities for all applicants. Candidates from disadvantaged groups will be encouraged to apply, while discrimination based on gender, ethnic origin, or disability will not be tolerated.
An interview will be conducted via internet calls (Skype) or personally on site depending on the location of the applicant. Possibly exercise tasks to be prepared before the interview will be discussed.
You will work at the boundary of different research groups within the Simulation 3D RTD team. Your main role is to bring together new technologies from different teams to facilitate the development of various Digital Twin demonstrators. This means that you should understand each technology and its external interactions at a hardware and software level should bring the software and hardware components together and finally troubleshoot and present the technology demonstrator.
We are looking for an engineer with hands-on experience on software development and hardware tools. In order to be a successful candidate, you should have below profile:
- MSc in Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of industrial experience in related topics
- Experience with setting up test hardware (Hardware-in-the-Loop) for data acquisition, analysis and synthesis
- Experience in microcontroller and IPC programming and interfacing with sensor networks and servers via wireless and cabled connection (e.g. Ethercad, …)
- Experience in UNIX-like operating systems, software development, real-time systems
- Eager to get hands on hardware and software
- Be a motivated team player with strong problem-solving skills, eager to learn new technologies
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
Following are nice-to-have assets:
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering and computational mechanics (multi-body dynamics, FEM)
- Experience with Python, C/C++, Matlab/Simulink and software for real-time systems
- Experience with SIMATIC controllers or other PLCs
- Experience with industrial communication protocols (TCP/IP, CAN, RS-232, Ethercat, Profibus)
- Experience designing PCBs and programming microcontrollers
- Basic knowledge of computational mechanics (multi-body dynamics, FEM, CFD)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time