• The successful candidate will assume a technical lead role in commercial product support/assay development projects for automated clinical chemistry platforms, reporting to the Director of Commercial Product Support.
• The incumbent is responsible for assay designing, reagent optimization, successful verification of assay performance, and development of solutions to technical problems. Knowledge of design control regulated activities such as risk management, design verification, design change, process characterization and validation is desirable.
• The incumbent may lead one to two supporting biochemists for projects and must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team orientated environment.
• The incumbent needs to possess good oral and written communication skills and the flexibility to change priorities to meet business needs.
• Support troubleshooting efforts on commercial assays and calibrators as well as products under development.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biochemistry, clinical chemistry, medical devices, and chemistry.
• Broad knowledge of chemistry/biochemistry, proteins, immunology, buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives and particle surface chemistry, statistical analysis, design of experiments and six sigma techniques.
• Must be able to participate in and lead interdisciplinary and technical teams
• Perform data analysis and write internal reports and documentation
• Candidate must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to change priorities to meet business needs.
• Good communication, collaboration, and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint, etc) and statistical software.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred Experience and knowledge in assay development are highly desirable. The typical candidate would have a PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or related field with 1-3 years of experience. Freshly graduated PhD would also be considered.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.