Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Global Demand Planner.
Global Demand Planning position with a customer service focus of supporting distribution center inventory requirements that reflect right product, at the right time, and of the correct quantity.
Key objectives of this position focus on the accurate formulation of global end user demand forecasts and distribution center replenishment planning. These key objectives drive the Production supply response of reagents and consumables in a make to stock environment. This position directly impacts customer service and business cash flow related to forecast and replenishment accuracy/inaccuracy.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Global Demand Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Monthly inventory projections at each distribution center (ADC/ EDC).
- Monthly excess and obsolete (scrap) projections at each distribution center.
- Establishing the parameters for a replenishment planning strategy from primary warehouse
- (ADC) to regional warehouse in Germany (EDC).
- Formulating appropriate safety stock levels at each distribution center based on demonstrated demand variability.
- Analyzing/adjusting demand forecasts to remove forecasting bias and development of stretch
- Goals for increasing forecast accuracy.
- Planning position will coordinate with Marketing on new launch anticipated demand and allocation strategy in times of constrained supply.
- Monthly preparation of analysis supporting Sales and Operations Planning process. Supply Chain representative on the Product Health Team (PHT). Develop relationships with Global Logistics Support Center contacts at ADC/EDC.
- Generating low inventory report as an early warning tool which aides in avoiding customer backorders.
- Line item fill rate (LIFR) investigation if monthly target not achieved. Inventory within policy analysis ensuring correct level of cycle stock plus safety stock is at each distribution center. Root cause corrective action analysis to meet established targets.
- Performance measured on achieving key metrics and targets:
Distribution center inventory forecast
Excess and Obsolete Budget
Line item Fill Rate (end user)
At or below target for daily average number of customer back orders or allocations
Required Knowledge/ Skills and Experience to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3 or more years Demand Planning/Forecasting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Theory
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency Microsoft Excel
- SAP or similar ERP system experience
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.