Transformer Installation Field Engineer
Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
In this hands-on role, you will serve as a key liaison coordinating between our US customer installation base, Siemens worldwide transformer factory network and the US Transformer organization.
You will also assist in the process of one of the following areas: supervision, installation projects, testing, and/or modification of transformers on site.
• Coordinate and oversee the Installation &Commissioning (I&C) process for multiple factories
• Assist in Technical support on issues in the field, factory or customer requests
• Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• May guide the planning, scheduling and coordination of major segments of transformer installation / supervision to meet cost and time objectives.
• May guide routine review of very complex transformer and reactor designs and documentation to ensure compliance design criteria and standards.
• Responsible for the installation of all external parts and components of transformers and reactors in accordance with the Siemens TUMA and in accordance with individual installation instructions
• Guides the testing of transformer / reactors and brings very complex systems into an operational state (commissioning). To include commissioning of individual components on transformer systems.
• Develops and guides corrective modification of very complex hardware and software systems and/or equipment.
• Applies advanced skills to resolve very complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
• Thoroughly documents job activities through written reports
• Ability to review service proposals to define appropriate timing, value and scope is being addressed
• Perform up front investigations on transformer issues that arise to include Root Cause Analysis
• Test data report verification
• Installation of transformers including but not limited to: HVDC transformers (high voltage direct current), AC transformers, HVDC shunt reactors, AC reactors
• Connection the external wiring of the transformer supervisory, control and protection equipment up to the terminals in the control cabinet of transformers and reactors
• Vacuum and oil filling process on transformers and reactors in accordance with the Siemens installation guidelines (TUMA)
• Instruction and guiding subcontractors in all matters of the erection and commissioning works
• Issuing work performance and progress reports on daily basis
• Pre-commissioning tests on site
• Troubleshooting for transformer failures
• Inspection and maintenance for transformers
• Repair of transformers on site and warranty works
• Internal inspections of HVDC & AC transformers on site
• Ability to travel to overseas plants (e.g. Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Austria, etc.) and travel within the US. Total travel required up to approx. 85% of time.
• Minimum 5 years of successful experience in transformer installation / supervision on site –and- min. 5 years of successful experience in transformer pre- and main assembly as well as testing inside factories
Specialized Knowledge/ Skills:
• Installation knowledge about single phase and three phase, GSU and HVDC transformers
• Knowledge about repair and warranty works on transformers
• Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of transformers to the successful completion of complex assignments.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular are of specialization.
• Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• Knowledge of the mechanical design of all types all types of Siemens power transformers and reactors
• Knowledge of air type, oil type, cable boxes and SF6 -gas type bushing for transformers and reactors.
• Long term experience in the installation of high voltage bushings and high current bushings on transformers
Direction of Others:
• Provide specialized guidance or train/ support and/or professional staff.
• Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
* This position can be based anywhere in the US with access to a major airport
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.