Software Engineer – CAD UI
This advanced level software development position requires expertise in computer graphics, user interface design, computational geometry, and ability to write high-quality C++ and/or Java software applications for STAR-CCM+.
- Develop innovative user interface design and implement state of the art visualization tools to improve the user experience of STAR-CCM+ customer base.
- Create, extend, and maintain well-designed, high-quality, robust, Java and/or C++ software that performs well on web client and standard client-server computer architectures.This includes understanding requirements, writing user stories, creating software designs, implementing Java and/or C++ code, writing technical documentation, participating in peer-based design and code reviews, and collaborating with QA and documentation teams to deliver and maintain high quality code.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hands-on coding and user interface design.
- Experience with commercial CAD and CAE software tools. (3+Years)
- Experience using OpenGL, WebGL, Vulkan, DirectX, VTK and other advanced computer graphics tools (3+ Years)
- Experience in designing User Interface panel layouts. (3+ Years)
- Exposure to advanced rendering and other visualization tools. (3+Years)
- Ability to write cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ and/or Java code.
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbally or in writing) complex technical issues in English.
- Ability to work on teams and collaborate with team members.
Preferred Expertise and Experience:
- User Interface design related to CAD applications.
- Agile software development practices.
- Java and/or C++ with Multi-threaded programming
Prerequisites and Essential Functions:
- Expertise in User Interface design.
- CAD modeling feature design, selection mechanism, model display, archiving, etc.
- Expertise in C++/OO programming
- Expect industrial experience or very applicable PhD work with strong evidence of programming skills.
- Experience in developing applications with significant User Interface.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.