Job Posting Structure
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Laboratory Technician
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Laboratory
Technician, you will be
Recommend max 5 bullets in the “You” tone, examples:
- In your activities you will be responsible for executing production work orders in the complex Reagents Production area with the focus in the antibody enzyme conjugation reactions and purification through various technologies. These reagents impact all current Diagnostics Platforms (Atellica, Dimension, Vista, Stratus, EXL, ADVIA, and Centaur). You will support manufacturing to meet customer demands with strict timeline window.
- You will take part at the knowledge exchange with cross functional team to improve and further develop our processes and products.
- You will support continual improvements in multiple areas such as procedure upgrades, process development, and technical development.
- You will strictly adhere Quality System Requirements and follow proper cGMP and GDP guidelines.
- You will support manufacturing for equipment handling and timely maintenance. You will support troubleshooting of HPLC, NGC, Spectrophotometer, pH meter, Centrifuge, AKTA Prime Plus, UV detector and Fraction Collector.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have completed BS or MS degree in Biochemistry or chemistry and have at least 1+ years of relevant experience in protein or antibody conjugation and purification techniques.
- You have basic laboratories skills used in wet chemistry such as pH adjustment, measurement of protein concentration, pipetting, handling hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, and handling of AKTA, NGC, or HPLC purification systems.
- You have ability to work with strict timeline, work independently and or as a team player, adopt frequent changes, handle multi-tasking and prioritize workload as needed.
- You have ability to handle small- and large-scale productions with longer lead time, work in cold room for longer hours, lift or move 20lb to 40lb heavy containers, and flexible to work after hours or during weekend if needed to meet customer demands.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new processes or technologies.
- You have very good communication and presentation skills.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry or equivalent protein/antibody experience required
- Basic Laboratory techniques used in chemistry lab (pH, Spectrophotometer, Pipetting, Ultrafiltration, dialysis, HPLC analysis, purification processes such as SEC, Affinity, or Ion-exchange chromatography).
- Must be quick learner and able to work independently.
- Experience in SAP, cGMP, GDP, and GLP
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.