Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
We are looking for an software engineer who will contribute to the software development of next-generation products and solutions for energy domain, including control and analytics algorithms, reliability and best-in-class quality.
What are responsibilities?
• Backend software development of cloud applications in Java. Software architecture design & implementation.
• Development of the solutions based on Siemens’ industrial platforms (WinCC OA, EnergyIP, etc.): implementation of additional modules, configuration and customization.
• Close work with energy domain experts and data scientists to solve technical challenges within multinational distributed environments.
• Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of the applications.
• Work in a team using agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban.
• Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team.
What are requirements?
• Experience in commercial software development in Java, C/С++/С# (3+ years)
• CI/CD experience, preferably Teamcity
• Version control systems (Git is a must)
• Continuous learning and adoption of the newest technologies from the world of open source software
• Communication skills and readiness to work in a team, as well as individually
• Ability to easily switch between different tasks
• Upper intermediate English
Would be beneficial:
- Experience with PLC, WinCC OA, TIA portal or similar
- Knowledge of various industrial protocols, such as OPC, OPC UA, Modbus TCP, PROFINET, PROFIBUS, S7
- Experience with Cloud Computing: e.g. AWS stack, MS Azure
- Knowledge in machine learning/data mining/signal processing/AI
- Experience with Java 8, Kotlin, functional programming in general
- Message queues (e. g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- NoSQL databases and data grids (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Distributed computations systems (e.g. Spark, Flink, Samza)
- Contribution to journals/blogs/professional community resources
What else should I know?
• Full time position
• Corporate medical insurance
• Corporate pension program
• Corporate trainings
• Fitness compensation
• Lunch compensation
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time