Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- To deliver Electronic Interlocking Project Engineering solutions in accordance with the contracts received for mainline projects as per Business / Project plan.
- The incumbent undertakes Electronic Interlocking Systems Engineering activity in accordance with the contracts received and the scope of work as detailed in the contract. This involves allocating the work as per contract delivery requirements and prepare the project planning for Design, supply, installation, Testing and Commissioning activities. Above all, meeting the Quality, Cost & Delivery parameters as defined for each of the contracts. Also liaison with other Siemens companies in transferring Engineering work packages that could be designed and delivered from Siemens.
- To support the Sr. Executive Engineer & Project Manager and to build the team for the future load of Electronic Interlocking works, there is a need to select an experienced Executive Engineer, Projects for the future.
- The Project Engineer will be responsible
for all engineering of the signalling content of a project and coordinating the
engineering of all other disciplines. He/she will assist the Sr. Project
engineer & project manager in:
- Surveying the site and plan the Sub Systems required for the project.
- Identify Sub Systems for tenders and Projects.
- Identify Integration methods for Sub Systems.
- liase with the Signal Design Manager and Design Team Leader to ensure the design provided conforms to the client’s specification and is compatible with all other project elements.
- Provide inputs to supply chain by raising PR’s for procurement of materials.
- Ensure that the Design Team Leader is fully briefed on material and interface issues.
- Co-ordinating the overall program and financial aspects of the contract.
- Meet Project Engg. Contract delivery schedule.
- All the above activities will need to be planned, developed and delivered on time and on budget and to required quality and safety levels, while satisfying the project objectives and ensuring outstanding customer satisfaction under the Electronic Interlocking – Main line project portfolio.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You have Bachelors degree in engineering
- You carry 2 to 5 years of experience
- You have proficiency in MS Office & Ms Project tools
- You carry strong experience in systems Engineering, Electronics Communications will be an added advantage. In particular you will have applied your systems engineering practices in other mission critical projects in the transport domain; with exposure to various standards such as IEEE, ISO, IEC and Cenelec.
- Working in a Railway Signalling Company will be advantageous.
- Exposure to and working experience in the relevant Siemens sector domain (Industry, Energy, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Cities).
- Experience in contributing towards global projects
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation Pvt. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time