We are recruiting a Signalling & Telecoms Trainer to join our Skills & Education team based in Ashby/York supporting our Rail Infrastructure business within Siemens Mobility. The role will largely comprise of developing and delivering learning solutions to our customers and internal staff along with assessments to fulfil our competency management system.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work in a friendly team environment, responsible for development and facilitation of learning solutions to external customers and internal staff, also having responsibility for assessing staff to meet our competency management system. We are looking for someone who can build a rapport with people, be an excellent communicator with attention to detail.
What are my responsibilities?
- To develop and deliver learning / training solutions using a combined approach to both internal and external staff related to signalling, data communications and telephony, primarily in the rail sector.
- Maintain up to date training records and complete work based assessments that support the competence management system
- Design and deliver NVQ assessments
- Ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality procedures and meet all applicable legislation, safety/customer standards and project requirements.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Candidates should preferably be educated to HND level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) and should have sound experience of FT/SCADA/Signalling systems
- Candidates should have previous formal training experience including design / development and production of supporting documentation, training aids and equipment.
- Have broad knowledge in the design, architecture and configuration of signalling, data communications and telephony systems.
- Be able to assess competencies of individuals
- The post holder must be able to organise their own work to ensure all deadlines are met and respond in a timely manner to information requests from other areas of the business.
- Demonstrate strong organisation and communication skills.
- Experience of a systems approach to training would be desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time