Siemens is seeking a hardworking Senior Tax Analyst to join the forward thinking team based in Shannon, Ireland.
Siemens, founded in 1847, is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Siemens had EUR 87 billion in revenue in its fiscal year 2019 and has a wide range of businesses including Digital Industries, Smart Infrastructure, Gas and Power, Siemens Healthineers, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, and Mobility. Siemens has over 380,000 employees.
The position will work as part of a 14 member tax group dedicated to the Digital Industries Software business, which focuses on tax challenges associated with the high technology industry, including mergers and acquisitions, evolving business models, and a complex and changing regulatory environment. The team has tax specific responsibilities across all areas of tax related matters and provides support to management in making various business and operational decisions. Tax leadership has a strong history of promotion from within and mobility within the broader Siemens organization; as such the position offers an excellent deal of growth opportunity for strong performers.
Description of the Position:
The position, depending upon department needs, will provide support to other team members in addressing compliance, provision, tax audits, transfer pricing and M&A.
The duties will vary depending upon the needs of the department. Duties may include:
- Assisting and supporting the tax compliance, provision and reporting processes for group companies
- Research, review, document tax positions
- Coordination and supporting on tax audits. Supporting data collection and drafting responses to queries raised in tax audits
- Assisting in M&A due diligence and integration activities. Assisting with integrating acquired companies including supporting their compliance processes and bringing the companies into Siemens systems
- Supporting tax team members on international and technology-related tax matters and providing tax assistance to the business
- Supporting transfer pricing requirements, including building and updating transfer pricing reports, consensus determinations and preparation of related documentation
The ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career, desires continuous growth, and enjoys working collaboratively in a global, matrix based environment.
In Siemens, how we do things is as significant as what we do. As such, the candidate should have strong core skills, including interpersonal skills, outstanding verbal and written communication abilities, analytical skills and business judgment, and be ownership focused. The position requires the candidate to be hands-on, willing to learn about areas outside of traditional tax and may require travel.
Specific background and skills that would be preferred is as follows:
- Fully qualified (ACA and/or AITI) with validated tax experience with a Big 4 accounting firm or other public accounting firms or in an industry tax role (or combination)
- Finance or accounting undergraduate degree, with a masters in tax or law degree a plus
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Tax Software, SAP, and Essbase and Business Objects experience effective
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time