Siemens Mobility is continuously developing intelligent rail automation solutions to provide greater efficiency and optimization for the rail transportation market. Siemens is a world market leader to the mass transit and freight industries specializing in PTC (Positive Train Control) on-board solutions, grade crossing protection systems, signaling products, electronic interlockings, automatic train control systems, operations control systems and rail-it solutions, and yard solutions. We'd love to have you check us out and join our team!
Our Rail Infrastructure group is seeking to hire a Senior Network Solutions Engineer to provide support and assistance throughout the entire project life cycle to the Network Control (NC) Team Lead. This is a vital role in that it ensures safe and accurate completion of the automation and networking designs pertaining to our projects so that we can deliver to our customers on time and within budget!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Responsible for design, engineering and commissioning of PLC based fully integrated automation systems for DC traction power substations.
- Complete hardware selection and design including development of network architectures for Simatic PLC, HMI and SCADA Systems.
- Effectively engage in software development utilizing a wide range of technology tools such as TIA Portal, WinCC, Step7 and Industrial Ethernet based protocols.
- Performs Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) / commissioning tests and modifies hardware and software to achieve an operational state on site.
- Monitors the planning and design of customer TPSS-SCADA data networks.
- Implements solutions to complex network problems, programming issues and specifications requirements at the SCADA level.
- Defines problems with existing networks and initiates designs of new system wide data networks.
- Monitors the installation, maintenance and monitoring of complex operation of a customer's network system.
- Configure networking equipment such as Routers and Managed switches
- Design IP networks and selecting appropriate networking hardware per project requirements
- Develops engineering documents and drawings for automation and networking designs
- Provides assistance in routine design, development, testing and modifications of current solutions
- Provides engineering support to the Commissioning Team during commissioning phase of a project
- Works with the Project Management team to prepare engineering submittals and work plans
- Collaborates with Procurement to develop material specifications for vendors and manufacturers
- Prepare explanations to enable clear and accurate interpretation of routine specifications, performance characteristics, other technical data and commercial issues
- Assist in recommending new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet project requirements and to ensure our continuous competitiveness
- Routinely build Bill of Materials (BOM) for each piece of equipment required for automation and networking designs
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a relevant Engineering discipline; Master of Science (MSc) degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in design of Control and Automation systems
- 5 years experience with Siemens PLC/HMI Hardware and Software systems and networking equipment and Simatic Manager and TIA Portal
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Siemens S7-1500, S7-400/H, S7-300 PLC
- Preferred knowledge and experience of Traction Power and Cellular technology
- Code basic PLC and HMI system projects independently
- Ability to setup and test with Comfort series of Touch panels and PLC communications
- Travel to customer locations may be required and could be up to 50%.
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement,18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Network Solutions Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NON-DISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.