Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Siemens Mobility has exciting opportunities for an Architect for Digital Solutions for Road Tunnel Management Systems. This role will be located in our Singapore office. The Siemens Mobility team is looking for an individual that is aligned with our company values: excellent, innovative and responsible to carry out design, testing and verification of road tunnel management systems. The scope of supported activities includes customer bids and projects, so you will be responsible for managing the development and delivery of the road tunnel management design on assigned bids and projects and also have the opportunity to see your designs in action, through managing of the testing and commissioning activities. The successful individual will have the opportunity to further develop within Siemens Mobility to assume management roles.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Requirement analysis and translation into work packages and then into system design. Carry out solution design, selection of components for solutions and defining interfaces with 3rd parties
- Support all the design deliverables of road tunnel management systems including traffic control, plant monitoring, CCTV, incident detection, document management and maintenance management systems
- Ensuring that the design meets the customer requirements, international and national standards and regulations and adhere to company safety and legal standards
- Interface and coordinate with customers, other contractors, involved authorities, system assurance and R&D teams concerning the system interfaces
- Integration of sub-systems into the tunnel management systems
- Support digital solution innovation by identifying and describing data-driven use-cases with validated customer benefits in the fields of road management, tunnel systems. connected eMobility and Mobility platforms
- Analyze value-propositions and validate requirements for digital use-cases / solution-sets
- Supporting software development and testing activities
- Reporting of the realization progresses (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- University degree in relevant field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Intelligent Traffic Systems design and integration
- Knowledge of International standards and local regulations that apply to ITS projects
- Work experience in culturally diverse environment
- Relevant Bid and Project management experience will be considered as a benefit
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing
- MS Office including Visio and Project
- Excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time