Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
In the Electrical Service Unit we are 60 dedicated engineers from 11 different nationalities - all with the common goal of providing effective and responsive service solutions to a continuously evolving renewable market.
you ready for high level problem solving and decision making, in a fast and
dynamic service business?
Do you strive with the empowerment and responsibility that comes with an independent role?
Then we are pleased to let you know that we are looking for an Electrical Engineer with such character in our Wind Farm, Grid & Converter Team.
· Through years of experience you have gained a broad technical knowledge on electrical systems and requirements, which is needed to support a thorough and independent analysis of failure modes - both electrical and mechanical.
· You will provide technical support to the business unit through technical feedback, both written and verbally - reporting, statements and meetings.
· This position will require you to collaborate with our regional engineering groups in defining containment solutions and defining instructions for complex troubleshooting. You will be responsible for accurately documenting the failures and issues.
· You will be leading the solution development and product design modifications on various components (e.g. product design, spare parts, tools and documentation) – some of which will resolve warranty matters with suppliers.
· You should have a desire to learn and experience new challenges. You are also encouraged to share knowledge across the business unit on global scale.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering
· Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in Electrical Engineering
· Experience working with specification and service of Wind Turbine Main Component (Generator, Transformer, Converter) is a plus.
· Experience in documenting your work in a structured and understandable way (e.g. 8D mythology).
· Ability to communicate in English both written and verbal.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Wind Turbine knowledge and experience is preferred.
· Passion for renewable energy
· Proactive and Self-driven
· Good Team Player
· Approximately 10% travel is expected (International & Domestic)
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.