Looking for your next big challenge? We might be able to help you.
Your challenge will be…
- Install and configurate standardized server systems on several hardware and software technologies in accordance of requirements (including specific customer specifications). Evaluate the integration of IT-systems into the overall environment.
- Check the functionality of the solutions which are implemented (if necessary, set up a pilot in a test environment). Develop an alternative scenarios and system concepts. Implementation of the server solution in the normal operation.
- Operate and administrate various complex server landscape technologies (Windows, VMware, AWS, Azure,) on different hardware platforms and their high availability configurations (MSCS).
- Monitor the hardening and compliance the operating system according to company specifications and best.
- Secure and ensure the normal running operation (including 24 hour on-call-duty). This includes remote analyzation in case of server problems/events, error elimination and if necessary, report problems to other support groups or manufacturers.
- Independently handle very difficult operating system problems. Research and/or investigate known errors, eliminate errors (either remote or on-site) and if necessary, report all problems to the manufacturer of the product.
- Evaluate the priorities in case of multiple service requirement by discussing them with the customer and/or the project coordinator. Carry out qualified and extensive diagnostics by the usage of different development tools (e.g. strace etc.). Eliminate errors and ensure their operability.
- In order to fulfill the requirements of the SLAs which were agreed upon with the customers (also outside of normal business hours), weekly on-call-duty is a requirement for all team members. Build training concepts, training material, and training of application managers in order for them to be able to operate them.
- Give technical advice to the internal project coordinator or the customer in case of questions regarding server/network architecture, server connections, software which runs on the operating system or container (e.g. openFT, Networker, IIS, UC4, Nagios and also applications such as MS-SQL, Citrix, Terminal Services, Fileserver etc.)
- Check the functionality of the solution to be implemented (set it up in a test environment if necessary). Setup and work out alternative concepts and scenarios. Integrate the Microsoft Container Services into the normal operational environment. Implement automated processes by the usage of existing tools (e.g. HP-SA, Nagios, Grafana) within the EAGLE-DC.
- Operate, administrate and configurate the container platform running on various hardware/software platforms while taking considering the need of their availability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Provide technical advice on implementing Windows services in the AWS or Azure Cloud.
- Analyse, process and prepare use-cases in an administrative area within the existing Monitoring Management Solutions.
- Analyse and tune measures in case of performance problems in order to guarantee short response times.
- Cooperate / coordinate with the developer (FSC, Microsoft etc.) e.g. during integration tests, communication of requirements, initiate appropriate measures to eliminate existing problems.
- Provide customer assistance for deploying containerized customer applications and debugging.
- Participate in the On-call duty (7*24) is required due to the inevitable high availability of the servers.
Does this sound good? Our perfect candidate must have…
- Expert in Windows Server Operating System and Fileservice.
- Expert knowledge in Powershell scripting
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Cluster Services
- Advanced knowledge in AD object and GPO Management
- Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud technologies.
- ITIL certified
- Advanced knowledge in Firewall & Routing
- Advanced Analytical Capabilities
- Proficient English
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 700 employees with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, User Experience, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out: www.siemens.pt/lxtechhub
Our Office Perks
Fresh fruit and coffee, remote work, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering hours, sushi&pizza days, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to foster agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time