This position is for a manager for the Molecular Imaging PET or SPECT Project Manager team who will also be responsible for a platform or product release along with managerial duties. Candidate will work with a cross-functional team throughout the development lifecycle to define, develop and deploy major diagnostic medical equipment product releases to customer base.
As a manager:
- · Will directly manage a team of project managers delivering product releases specific to product type.
- · Will work closely with Product Management to allocate approved R&D investment across the prioritized list of product releases.
- · Will be empowered to make priority calls across multiple concurrent active projects
- · Will be responsible for oversight, guidance, mentorship and performance evaluation of direct reports
- · Works closely with Strategic Procurement in planning expenditures for either re-design of hardware where components are obsolete or pursue securing inventory prior to component obsolescence all with business continuity being the first and foremost determining factor
- · In addition, will be assigned the responsibility to lead a product release as project manager.
- · Works in partnership with Product Management to determine product release content and timing of delivery to market.
- · Works with all key stakeholders including Service, SCM and Product Management to ensure requirements to support other cost saving measures such as total cost of ownership and supply chain management is optimized
- · Works with finance to determine capital efficiency and net present value of all product releases across the PET or SPECT portfolio.
- · Works with direct manager, finance and product management to determine long range investment needs that are commensurate with key financial targets and product roadmaps within the PET or SPECT portfolio
As a project leader:
- · Will lead teams of approximately 10-20 consisting of cross functional disciplines to deliver projects within budget and approved timelines that will support new features and capabilities on PET systems
- · Work with Product Management, Service, Systems Engineering and stakeholders to initiate, plan, and develop a project organizational structure to support PET/ SPECT scanner projects or service packs
- · Guides project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change,
- opportunity and resource management activities) for very complex projects or programs
- · Will be responsible for leading Project Steering Groups that will meet on a regular basis to assess project status and make key decisions to successfully launch new hardware and associated software on new PET or SPECT products.
- · Will present to executive management on project status during project progress reviews or gate based meetings
- · Will play a central role in planning and estimation of work required to meet product requirements
- · Will prepare yearly budget estimates for their assigned project
- · Will be able to create a work breakdown package and associated schedule using Microsoft Project Planner and or Excel
- · Candidate will be required to track all expenditures and labor utilized for assigned project using approved tools
- · Will provide direction to the cross functional team and make all key decisions required for their assigned project consulting with the Project Steering Group
- · Will work closely with product management, systems engineering and other groups to prioritize project scope
- · Will create and maintain a project management plan and project risk register.
- · Will develop process improvement plans for Project Management and set yearly project goals that are part of yearly Business Line incentive goals
- · Able to quickly create and analyze scenarios understanding the impact and trade-offs on project risk, budget and other projects in the portfolio.
- · Develops team members through mentoring and coaching in a variety of topics related to successful product delivery
Required Knowledge / Skills
- • Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical or Computer Science
- • Minimum 10 years of experience in new product development and a proven track record of delivering products to market
- • Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management role
- • Materials management or new product introduction experience involving coordination of suppliers and delivery of prototype material for new product build a plus
- • Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in project management leading large-scale projects exceeding $10M in R&D with at least 20 personnel across multiple disciplines
- • Working knowledge of either software or hardware systems in a highly regulated product field
- • PMP certified or extensive experience in project management
- • Able to travel internationally and domestically about 5-10 % of time
- • Minimum of 5 years of experience in hardware, software or systems engineering or engineering management
Preferred Knowledge / Skills
- • Excellent presentation and communication skills with ability to confidently represent R&D and their assigned project in various executive forums and reviews
- • Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- • Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) including PMP certification or
- equivalent experience
- • Understanding of the V-model or waterfall model of engineering development
- • Understanding of agile software development methodologies a plus
- • Ability to quickly learn the critical processes of the MI product development lifecycle necessary to deliver a product
- • Able to prioritize and focus on project deliverables and quality in a rapidly changing competitive environment
- • Excellent conflict resolution skills necessary for timely decision making within the project team.
- • Familiar with Design Controls for the development of medical devices such as 21CFR820, ISO 13485, and
- ISO 14971
- • Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
- • Master’s degree in engineering or business a plus
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.