NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
IT Applications Developer – Senior
• Develop, test and modify web application systems, including scripts,
monitoring, tool setup and administration
• Able to interpret business requirements and programming
specifications to write Java programs that solve business needs.
• Develop, test, and deploy scalable web applications
• Strong understanding of web architecture and deployment
• Maintain technology expertise, keeping current with evolving systems
analysis, programming and database technology
• Provide application support
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or
• 5+ years’ experience in Java software development
• Experience building highly scalable, high performance, highly integrated
• Solid experience in Springboot/Spring, Hibernate
• Experience building RESTful APIs (design, maintenance, consumption)
• Demonstrate understanding of microservice architecture
• Solid command of Object-Oriented programming and systems analysis
• Experience in development and use of web services (i.e. SOAP, REST)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
• Works well independently and requires little or no supervision.
• Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles and
geographical time zones
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Familiarity with Jira, Fisheye, Splunk
• Familiarity with Weblogic, Perl, AJAX, JSON
• Familiarity with development tools and build systems like Eclipse, Ant,
• Familiarity with SAP
• Understanding of secure programming concepts
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.