We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Corporate Technology (CT) works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. CT conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. CT also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
Join our team now in the Corporate Technology division at the research group Active Vision Technologies Austria as Computer Vision Expert (m/f) in Vienna, Austria.
The Active Vision Technologies Austria group uses mobile 2D and 3D sensor modalities and is working both on creating and interpreting 2D and 3D data. Within the group, we cover the whole pipeline from recording and controlling the recording, via registration, georeferencing and 3D reconstruction up to interpreting and abstracting the data using machine learning methods and at each step scaling to large and real-world datasets is a major concern. We focus on transferring state-of-the-art research results to customer relevant applications, and to some extent on fundamental research in the context of publicly funded grants.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Develop and implement methods from 3D point cloud analysis, machine learning, computer vision and image understanding
- Extend and integrate such methods as components in existing software solutions
- Apply and broaden technical knowledge in the domain to solve 3D data analysis tasks
- Independently work with scientific literature
- Assist in national and international research projects as well as Siemens-internal projects
- Document and present the results
- Technical scientific education (Master / PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar)
- Experience with 3D data processing, computer vision and machine learning
- Solid programming and development skills (e.g. Python, C/C++, Matlab)
- Design, implementation and evaluation of algorithms based on a description
- Experience on working with scientific literature
- Solid English language skills, German would be helpful
- Creativity and learning aptitude, team working skills and flexibility
- Enjoy working independently
- Innovative ideas and desire to implement them
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, OpenCV, PCL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with Deep Learning in 3D Data (e.g. Point Net)
- Knowledge in GIS systems, geoinformatics, remote sensing and 3D reconstruction
- Experience with MS development environments
- Linux knowledge
- Language skills: German / English advanced
What else do I need to know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is minimum EUR 45.920,-- on a fulltime basis. An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
We are looking forward for your online application!
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time