Siemens Mobility supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
Siemens Mobility is seeking to add to our team and hire a Technical Sales Lead to support MTA. The Lead works with our senior sales executive to help own the preparation of offers, bids, contracts and other sales-related documents required by our Railroad customers for complex signaling solutions. You will collaborate with our Sales Director in support of customer meetings and develop contacts across the signaling stakeholder network.
We respond to customer inquiries and proposal approval requests in a timely manner and review sales proposals for projects and service opportunities to determine proposal feasibility. With mentorship from the senior sales executive and management team, you will develop a sales strategy to grow Siemens' share in the transit signaling & communications market. With a holistic understanding of regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific factors, we can achieve success!Area of Responsibility:
- Work under the guidance of sales leaders, executive team (both US and German), legal, engineering and R&D to learn commercial and technical requirement of the transit market (specifically NYCT, LIRR, MNR, PATH and other Northeast RR's)
- Build network of contacts across partner network in transit market (specifically NYCT, LIRR, MNR, PATH and other New York RR's)
- Monitor opportunity pipeline (short and long term), evaluate and communicate market trends to help set-up current a future sales strategy
- Develop expertise in different signaling technologies and the ability to understand customer benefits and apply the best solution for given application.
- Ensures and actively participates in the development of project estimates and proposals by analyzing drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation in order to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services for the railroad and rail transit signal system market.
- Develop custom 3rd party technical presentations and participate in customer meetings. Use feedback to identify next steps and proposal strategy.
- Ensure and actively participate in the review contract legal and technical specifications to determine contractual, material and labor requirements
10 -15 years of hands-on successful experience in rail signaling related project bidding and proposal management and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical preferred.
- Mathematical proficiencies including financial analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry and product-related technical information.
- Ability to travel as the need arises.
- Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate outstanding oral and written communicative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills, even while working under time pressures and constant interruptions.
- Work well independently and as part of team demonstrating support for team decisions.
- A competitive base salary
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Sales Lead with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.