From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for a Senior/ Principle Signalling Design Engineer to join the Siemens Mobility Signalling Design Team in Melbourne,Sydney or Brisbane. The Principal Design Engineer Signalling is an expert in rail signalling systems and engineering.
They design and check or for larger projects lead the design and checking of all aspects of vital and non-vital railway signalling systems in accordance with the requirements and specifications of the client railways.
- Fully competent in the Senior Design engineer level and perform those tasks if required.
- Ensure compliance of company's processes and procedures.
- Analysis and evaluation of all signalling system related customer requirements.
- Produce or review signalling system related documentations.
- Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost, planning and control when acting as a work package lead.
- Overall technical coordination of the complete signalling system and all signalling system interfaces when acting as a work package lead
- Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test, validation and approval work.
- Ensure successful delivery of the Signalling Design including its interfaces and integration with other subsystems while acting as a work package lead.
- Support installation, testing and commissioning, and other related activities as necessary to deliver dependent projects.
- Nurturing and coaching of more junior staff where necessary.
- Independent review of design produced by other regions when required.
- In the absence of the work package lead or engineering Signalling Team Lead, step in as 2IC for them if assigned by Work Package Manager/Signalling Engineering Manager.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Professional experience with a minimum of five years; ideally eight+ years in the area of Signalling Engineering
- Experience on a variety of Signalling Projects
- Team Leadership
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of customers and stakeholders
- Existing formal rail design competency approvals, or ability to attain formal approvals under Australian/New Zealand operator regulatory competency frameworks (e.g. ARA, IRSE, Queensland Rail, MTM, Rail Safety Worker Card etc.) Current MTM competencies are highly desirable.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance-based incentive payments.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.