Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Card Operations; the Card Assembly Operator is responsible for manufacturing epoc BGE and BGEM test cards using the automated print and card manufacturing line. This is a 6-9 month contract position with possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficient and diligent assembly of sensor cards and/or sensor tapes according to process work instructions
- Performs basic machine set-up and/or maintenance according to process work instructions
- Carry out duties in compliance to corporate policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Identifies process or product non-conformances and promptly alert engineering and technical support for remediation
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by suggesting improvements to products, processes, or procedures
- Performs basic troubleshooting in the production line and report issues to production technician and/or supervisor
- Participates in preparing required data sheets for production
- May provide necessary guidance and/or training to new employees if assigned by the Supervisor, Card Operations and/or Training Supervisor, Card Operations
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Repetitive, detailed nature of the card assembly process
- Flexibility to work overtime and on
different shifts as required
- This includes working day shifts,
night shifts and a combination of the two.
- Potential to be trained on one shift and moved to a semi-permanent position on a different shift
- This includes working day shifts, night shifts and a combination of the two.
- Ability to function in a fast- paced noisy environment
- Regular interaction with other operators, supervisors, manufacturing engineers and technicians
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Extended periods of standing
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Minimum High school diploma and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- Some electronic or mechanical assembly experience in a manufacturing environment would be preferred
Epocal is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive and accessible work environments, as well as barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fairness during our recruitment and selection process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Ontario Human Rights Code and any similar Provincial legislative requirements throughout Canada. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.