Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and hardworking people who seek ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join our Open Source compliance team and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
This is your role. What part will you play?
• You will audit Open Source code, patent and legal research, constant evaluation of commercial and open source components for ensuring recommendations are up-to-date and reduce potential risks to customers
• You will Analyse the source code and license texts using data analysis tools (Blackduck, Fossology, Palamida etc), identifying the obligations for the usage of the components, creation of reports summarizing findings, obligations and recommendations and providing support to project teams for addressing software license conditions.
• Review of work, technical documents and obligation reports.
• Ensure timely communication and feedback to all project partners.
• Collaborate with project management team, architects for open source scanning / license clearing requirements.
• You will be responsible for Regular reporting both to line management as well as to customer on status and critical issue on risks, issues and important information
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• You have an engineering degree with 3-5 years of experience in development and testing working with multiple projects.
• Your expertise in Black Duck, Palamida and Fossology (alternatively, other license clearing tools) will make valuable contribution.
• Proficiency in MS Office, PDF, report writing tools and Licensed texts cognition and variants used in software documents is desired.
• Good communication skills - written and oral will help in collaborating with global customers (particularly US and Germany)
• You must have Experience with open source community management / moderation / contributions is a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers