Sr. Service Specialist – Smart Buildings/Automation -Data Center Team
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are searching for an experienced Systems Specialist (Building Automation Controls Technician) who will report directly to the Operations Supervisor and will play a key role in the design, installation, and implementation of all technical aspects of Building Automation Systems within the growing Data Center market. These will be newly installed BAS systems in retrofit or newly constructed buildings. The territory you will cover is the N. VA area.
Click link below for Video:
- Work with project managers and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
- Designs and builds all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the BAS, workstations, controller integrations and website interfaces.
- Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
- Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed BAS controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
- Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
- Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
- Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings using the latest digital technology.
- Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation or HVAC product knowledge.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience with Building Automation Systems. Experience could be as a Building Automation Technician, installer/electrician of BAS systems or BAS Owner/Operator. Project team and clients have the expectation that this technician is fully qualified for assigned roles.
- Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
- Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems.
- Must have strong knowledge of Tridium BMS Products.
- Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
- Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
- Independent, self-learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Building HVAC, Fire Alarm, Security, Lighting and Automation Systems
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.