• Serve as design owner on additive product development projects, including main metal Additive Manufacturing processes: SLM/LMD/WAAM.
• Communicate and obtain product statement of requirements and generate mechanical designs for AM with the goal of meeting performance requirements.
• Perform conceptual and detailed design on projects through CAD/CAE/CAM, DfAM principles and process characterization, to iterate designs, complete qualification and release new AM products.
• Collaborates with engineering teams, material and process scientists to identify and drive projects to demonstrate the benefits of using Additive Manufacturing.
• PhD degree in mechanical engineering with emphasis in additive manufacturing related field.
• Mechanical engineering design experience utilizing 3D CAD software, minimum 1 year of Additive Manufacturing experience is preferred.
• Successful experience in Reverse Engineering and ability to define and apply of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) and Model Based Definition principles.
• Prior experience in applying generative design tools such as topology optimization or lattice/porous structure concepts specific to product functionalities and design validation/optimization using standard commercial software, NX is preferred.
• Ability to perform basic structural/thermal/flow performance analysis. (Siemens Simcenter, Star CCM+ is plus)
• Experience with working on and leading cross-functional teams.
• Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated, fast learning, innovation and teamwork.
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time