Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Manager, Equipment Support; the Equipment Technician’s primary responsibility is to support and perform maintenance of all Manufacturing equipment and related equipment issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support and performs maintenance for all card Manufacturing equipment & related issues. Monitor, maintain and calibrate equipment in areas such as the card assembly line, HVAC units for card line enclosure, building air compressor, in according with approved procedures
- Provides support to daily card production, R&D experiments and potential future projects
- Assists in the determination of root cause of failures and problems with automation equipment. Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, to various groups affiliated with card manufacturing
- Assesses multiple process variables and their interactions and then provides a reasoned, rapid response to issues revealed by test results
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment failures and operational problems
- Documentation of equipment maintenance activities in maintenance logs
- Performs calibration procedures
- Provides support as required for equipment mechanical and control system issues
- Communicates equipment related issues with Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering
- Creates consumables used in certain automated operations
- Complies with documentation requirements to ensure equipment and production records are completed accurately
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Reports directly to Manager, Equipment Support
- Frequent interaction with engineers, technicians and card production operators
- Flexibility to work overtime and on different shifts as required
- Noisy and fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently and take appropriate action as required
- Flexibility to respond to a changing and evolving environment including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in process, product, equipment, and component validations and verifications (e.g. new product introductions)
- Adheres to change control protocols and maintenance procedures typical of medical device manufacturing settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while satisfying personal responsibilities
- Ready to speak up about concerns
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Extended periods of standing and walking
- Occasional kneeling and crouching
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Mechanical or Electrical Technician Diploma and/or an acceptable combination of education and experience acceptable to Epocal
- Mechanical and/or automation aptitude toward equipment troubleshooting and root cause analysis is considered as key asset
- Familiarity with operation, assembly, and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment
- Experience working in a medical device manufacturing or electronic manufacturing setting is considered an asset
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.