Siemens is seeking a License Compliance Technical Specialist/Licensing Analyst to join an exciting new opportunity that will take Siemens to the next level of license compliance. Get in at the start as we look to grow in this exciting arena of license management. The position will work throughout the Americas region helping to ensure the consistence and alignment of customer reporting. This role will have two main functions. On the front end, the specialist will work with customers to help them run a scanning tool designed to collect Siemens software data in their environment. The second end will be working with Siemens entitlement data, comparing the two data sets and looking for inconsistencies. They will work with experienced License Compliance Sales Managers to help facilitate customer engagements and reviews.
- Schedule appointments with clients to obtain license usage information. Meet with customers to collect license information remotely through a powerful scanning tool.
- Take inbound calls from customers who need technical assistance in completing the license usage and deployment inventory. Assist customers to deploy and trouble shoot Siemen's Contract Compliance Tool. Assist Siemens customer to solve Powershell scripts and other queries.
- Assist customer to build group policies and roll them out. Assist customer to execute manual data collection. Evaluate inventory data versus Siemens entitlement data to ensure accurate usage of software.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate Degree or two-year technical degree
- Experience with and ability to troubleshoot Powershell Scripts and other queries. Active Directory. Group Policy. DNS/DHCP & Network Configuration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and network technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in Desktop or Service Support
- MS Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Very good IT skills including various Asset Management Tools.
- Job location: Cypress, CA; St. Louis, MO; or Remote
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous experience working in a client facing environment e.g. technical services.
- Microsoft SCCM.
- Familiarity with SAM tools such as Flexera or Snow.
- Ability to perform in depth analyses of audit/inventory data provided by customers.
- Software license compliance background, IT background or licensing is preferred
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.