Siemens Mobility is an advanced project and product engineering company, well established in providing products and services to the railway, mining & exploration industries. Our office is located in West Perth, with our UK manufacturing arm located in Derby, the historical heart of the UK rail industry.
Siemens Mobility develops designs, builds, installs, commissions and maintains advanced industrial measurement and control equipment, mostly for passenger and heavy freight railways globally. Current project work is as diverse as instrumentation to automate the measurement of rail vehicle component wear (including wheels, brakes and power collection), the extensive monitoring of a wide range of track properties, through to the automatic operation of long heavy freight trains.
Due to our continued expansion, we are looking for a suitably experienced & qualified person for the important full-time role of Software Architect.
As a member of the Siemens Mobility Engineering team based in West Perth, you will report to our Software Engineering Manager and work with a great team producing custom solutions for our global clients.
In the face of challenging and changing requirements and realization technologies, you will be responsible for the following:
- Driving and guiding a technical realization concept that allows a cost efficient and timely realization of software with the appropriate level of quality.
- Validating system, customer, market or contract requirements and clarifying the understanding and feasibly, translating them into software requirements
- Drives the elaboration of realization alternatives and the decision process.
- Coaches and motivates a software development team regarding technical aspects; involves necessary experts from late phases, like operation or service.
To be considered in this role it is likely you will have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position. With at least 2 years working with IoT applications and architecture
- An engineering degree majoring in Software from an Australian University, or an engineering degree in electrical/electronics/Mechatronics/Mechanical with relevant experience in software development, or qualification of equivalent standard from an Australian or overseas University (An additional higher-level degree is preferable eg Masters, PhD)
- Demonstrated understanding of software architectures and previous exposure to wide range of software tools, techniques, operating systems and approaches. Ability to develop suitable new architectures for new products and projects
- Good understanding of software development for railway related systems
- Solid experience implementing systems in C/C++ (or other appropriate implementation) and assisting with their integration into existing software packages
· Extensive Experience with provisioning, configuration and build services such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef or similar
- Python (Basic)
- Perform complex analysis, consulting and providing recommendations to internal clients.
- Requirement Management – capturing user requirements and creating technical specifications and software test plans
- Previous exposure to Algorithm Development assisting with the conceptual design, development and implementation of algorithms, sensor data acquisition and fusion techniques.
- Demonstrated project experience in Edge Computing design, Cloud computing design and cloud technology including AWS/Azure/Private Cloud and/or web portal design.
- Experience with migrating existing architecture to Services/Microservices oriented architecture
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- A problem solving mentality with the ability to "think outside of the box"
- Able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Able to work effectively within a diverse team of highly skilled members.
- Strong project team involvement and understanding of safety, quality, budget and schedule priorities and importance.
- Experience working with mixed SW/HW solution products.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Enterprise Requirements Planning software systems’ (e.g Oracle, SAP) familiarity.
- Experience working within a strict quality management system.
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers, and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity.Siemens Mobility is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time