Senior Software Developer - Innovation and Connected Mobility
This is a unique opportunity to join Siemens to develop tomorrow’s cutting-edge technology today. We are offering the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation, so join us in the development of Internet of Things devices as well as solutions for the infrastructure assistance of Connected and Autonomated Vehicles (CAVs).
Siemens are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer – Innovation and Connected Mobility to join a cross functional team developing infrastructure assistance solutions for connected and autonomous vehicles and smart city applications based around Internet of Things connected devices.
In this role you will be working on the very latest applications that will shape the transition from today’s vehicles to the futuristic connected and automated fleets.
You will be joining an agile organization and will work across an expanding portfolio of research and customer delivery projects.
There will be opportunities to grow and take on new challenges.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally you will be degree level educated in a relevant software related discipline, and you will have a number of the following attributes:
- Be able to deliver value from novel and useful ideas, evaluating the feasibility and impact of new technologies in delivering solutions
- Create high level designs using formal methods
- Provide colleagues with realistic yet challenging estimates for work packages
- Work with highly standardised communications protocols HTTP/ Websockets, MQTT, TCP/IP, TLS as well as domain specific standards (ESTI ITS-G5)
- Produce software designs which can be coded by local or remote teams & tools
- The ability to code proficiently in C++ and a second language on both embedded and cloud-based systems in complex, multi-threaded environments
- Be able to develop applications for Linux environments
- Experience in building applications for cloud-based deployments (AWS preferred)
- Support technical communication with stakeholders and external collaborators throughout the complete product development lifecycle
- Stay abreast of current trends and disseminate succinct learning to team members through informal training and hackathon outputs
Here are some of the technologies/techniques that our developers use in our solutions. It is not required to have experience in all of these areas:
- Complex multithreaded applications
- Embedded Linux (E.g. Build environments, kernel or driver development)
- MATLAB / Simulink
- Embedded Security Principles
- HTTP / Websockets / TLS
- UML / C++, Java
- C, Python
- Machine Learning / AI
- ARM Cortex M / STM32 / Keil uVision / ESP32
- Electronics and custom hardware / software interfacing
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Development working practices
- Jira, GitLab, MSTeams
- Simcenter Prescan
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time