From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer OCS (Operations Control System)/Solution Design Engineer within the Melbourne office.
The OCS Test Engineer has a sound knowledge of test techniques and understanding of the expected system behaviour. This knowledge is gained through involvement in various stages of the product development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to customer acceptance. Furthermore, the Test Engineer is involved in the development of test strategies and scenarios, internal test execution, formal customer witnessed test execution, installation of system components, on site correspondence and commissioning support.
- Support in analysis and evaluation of OCS related customer requirements.
- Review Technical OCS system documentation.
- Develop and review technical OCS test documentation.
- Delivery of the assigned work packages based on detailed cost and time planning and controlling.
- Execute informal and formal test cycles to facilitate operational readiness and acceptance activities
- Raise issues found in a clear, concise manner and where applicable support OCS data and software engineering teams with investigation.
- Assist with installation of system packages on Test Systems as well as the Operational Environment with a provision of onsite support as per project requirements
- Supports in the identification of project goals derived from the contract and offer documents, always in coordination with the Senior Systems Engineer and Work Package Manager.
- Collaborates with OCS system, data and software engineering teams to develop a clear understanding of the expected system functionality.
- Drives ideas and activities as part of the project related tasks with the goal to improve the project results.
The successful candidate has:
- A University degree (or comparable) in technology (engineering) areas of automation / electrical / communication / railway / informatics is necessary
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Test Engineer, ideally within the rail industry.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
- Worked with multisite team setups and demonstrated testing experience ideally in safety critical systems
- Experience in the area of Operation Control Systems, with preferably some experience in brownfield rail.
- Demonstrated capability to be involved in and further develop skills in stakeholder communication, consultations and technical negotiations with customer operations and maintenance staff.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment that offers opportunities to develop your career within the industry.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time