From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has exciting opportunity for an OCS System Architect (Solution Architect – Engineering) within the Melbourne office.
The Systems Architect OCS is an experienced and technically competent engineer in Operation Control (or Rail Traffic Management) systems and engineering. They engineer or for larger projects, lead the engineering of all aspects of vital and non-vital OCS systems in accordance with the requirements and specifications of the client railways.
- Scope of user requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, interoperability etc.) relating to the OCS.
- Specification of the OCS requirements with the objective of defining favourable solutions in terms of both budget and timescale, taking into consideration the product characteristics and important system aspects.
- Define and update the OCS architecture as part of the overall system architecture.
- Review and support of system level documents and activities in conjunction with OCS engineering life cycle (e.g. RAMS analyses, integration/validation plan, training and test concepts).
- Continuous processing and assessment of OCS requirements in conjunction with system performance, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assurance of compliance with applicable technical standards and regulations.
- Supports in the identification of project goals derived from the contract and offer documents, always in coordination with the Senior Systems Engineer and Work Package Manager.
- Develops methods of resolution under guidance of Senior Systems Engineer in case of problems with interface partners and puts them into practice
- May support sales as an OCS Engineering representative in the pre-acquisition phase, advising the customer.
The successful candidate has:
- A University degree (or comparable) in technology (engineering) areas of automation / electrical / communication / railway / informatics is necessary
- Minimum of four to five years’ experience as a System Architect, ideally within the rail industry.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
- Worked with multisite team setups providing technical leadership to other teams for design matters.
- Experience in the area of Operation Control Systems, with preferably some experience in brownfield rail.
- Demonstrated capability to be involved in and further develop skills in stakeholder communication, consultations and technical negotiations with customer operations and maintenance staff.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment that offers opportunities to develop your career within the industry.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time