Working together for the future.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure, Building Products division is now hiring for a Software Test Designer in our Buffalo Grove, IL facility.
- Develop test designs and test cases for verification and validation of product functionality through manual and automated tests.
- Document traceability of tests to associated functional and non-functional requirements, justifying efficient and effective coverage.
- Participate in review of product specifications with respect to testability and provide feedback.
- Report on test status and outcomes to Sr. Test Design Professionals.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Develop automated tests based upon manual test procedures as input from Sr. Test Design Professionals.
- Provide input on test strategy and provide estimates on test efforts to Sr. Test Design Professionals.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas. Typically 2-5 years experience or more.
- Solid working knowledge of industry-standard testing methodologies.
- Solid knowledge in at least one test automation platform (e.g. Ranorex, QTP, Jasmine).
- Experience with test plan management tools (e.g. Quality Center, TFS).
- Experience with risk based testing.
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
- Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.