The Siemens Digital Industry Software business unit is a fast-growing unit within Siemens undergoing a wholesale IT transformation. As such, we are seeking highly motivated and energetic SAP talent to help in the rollout of a new S/4HANA environment as the centerpiece of a transformed IT environment. Specifically, we are looking for a SAP Solution Manager/Focused Build tool lead to drive the SAP configuration and development teams to use the full capabilities of the Solution Manager platform and in particular help in leveraging all of the capabilities of the Focused Build tool that is at the center of our S/4HANA implementation.
• Serve as primary IT subject matter expert regarding Solution Manager capabilities.
• Understand and stay abreast of Solution Manager best practices and champion their use within the various SAP teams.
• Provide detailed technical support to SAP development teams throughout Work Item lifecycle – e.g. assist with Downgrade Protection message risk assessments, failed Work Item status update troubleshooting.
• Research & resolve Focused Build and ChaRM functionality issues via SAP Support Portal.
• Assist project teams with Work Package, Work Item Mass Change tasks.
• Solution Manager/FocusedBuild Service Pack upgrades.
• Execute Project Management Wave & Sprint updates/coordination with PMO.
• Utilize focused build reporting tools to support PMO.
• Support developer community during N/N+1 landscape retrofit steps.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• 5 years minimum SAP experience, preferably with Solution Manager.
• Focused Build configuration and operations knowledge in support of multi-year, multi-release implementation.
• Expertise in implementation and operational support of Solution Manager ChaRM in complex landscapes.
• Excellent understanding of SAP Change and Transport system and configuration is a must.
• Understand project vs landscape setup and support retrofit in N/N+1 setup, provide guidance to project team members.
• Good understanding of requirements/workpackage and workitem concept in the context of agile methodology.
• Test management integration, Solution Documentation Assistant as well as focused build project and release management applications required.
• Ideal candidate would have integration knowledge with ServiceNow (other service management/ticketing tool acceptable).
• Beneficial additional skillsets include Jira, worksoft, QASymphony, etc.
• Strong team player, proactive learner keeping knowledge and skills up to date, adaptive and willing to work project team members and end users of varying backgrounds.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.