If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
- To be part of the Project Management team to support projects and bids with Primavera scheduling work for baseline programme
- Establishment of duration and dependencies of all work packages as provided by the expert team members
- Resource loading of the schedule
- Optimization of the schedule in collaboration with the core team to ensure that project targets are achieved
- Capturing of the current status and continuous progress updating as per the respective expert team members
- Production of extracts from the time schedule for internal and external reporting
- Arranging, preparation, moderation and documentation of regular schedule meetings with the project management team and the project core team members
- Development of scenarios based on given parameters (for change / claim management, reporting, optimization)
The following topics and activities are to be undertaken in a pro-active and responsible manner as part of the time management responsibilities:-
- Reviewing activities and work packages with regards to their duration and dependencies
- Analysis and evaluation of the time schedule in relation of the current situation of the project
- Production of resource utilization reports including proposals for resource optimization
- Continuous monitoring of the time schedule for potentially critical situations / deviations from the baseline
- Recognizing and highlighting delivery (time) conflicts
- Proactively driving measures, solutions and scenario developments with the respective interface partners
- Preparation of decision proposals
- Monitoring of the effectiveness of implemented counter measures and escalation as appropriate
- Transparent and appropriate communication
- Coordination of regular meetings of all time schedulers assigned to the project (consortium partner, customer) in order to guarantee a credible and realistic overall time schedule for the project.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
The successful candidate will have the following core competencies, experience and traits:-
- Successfully completed Bachelor degree in a technical or economic subject
- At least 5 years experience in time scheduling LTA projects preferably in the railway industry
- Expert knowledge of software based planning tools, Primavera EPPM P6 and similar tools (such as MS Project)
- Expert knowledge in all methods of time scheduling (network diagram, milestone trend analysis, CPA, resource management) as well as sound knowledge of project management and controlling methodologies
- High degree of customer orientation ,outstanding communication skills, organisational skills and excellent moderation and presentation techniques
- Team player and ability to work within inter-cultural teams
- Self-driven, fervent and assertive, able to work under pressure and tight timelines
- Expert analytical skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time