Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
- You are driving the operation and the continuous further development of our Windchill SAP interface. This interface is used at all engineering sites of the Siemens Mobility worldwide and supports the creation and management of materials, documents and bill of materials in SAP and Windchill PDMLink.
- In doing this, you will coordinate with the participating engineering departments, other IT specialist departments as well as external developers and suppliers.
- As a PLM specialist you will analyze the requirements of our users and elaborate solutions, always with the background of an optimal economic practicability.
- You will prepare system updates and support tool analysis, tests, documentation, debugging and error correction.
- The further development of the knowledge base including user documentation and tests, implementation and release of new features are also part of your task spectrum.
- You will be part of IT projects influencing the interface functionality or Windchill processes.
- Thereby you are using tools for the service management (e.g. Mantis) and test management (e.g. Polarion).
What do I bring with me?
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science, mechanical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Within your multi-annual relevant professional experience you have acquired knowledge in configuration, installation and customer specific extension of PLM systems including interfaces for third party systems (e.g. ERP) as well as a high degree of process understanding.
- You can convince us with distinctive expertise in Windchill PDMLink, especially in configuration and authorization management, specific object types and management of bill of materials. You are experienced in the operation of customizations.
- Ideally, you have experience in the field of engineering processes, interaction with internal departments or users in construction, simulation, work preparation and manufacturing.
- Skills in service management, version management and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical uses cases, user stories and workflows are desirable.
- Furthermore, ideally knowledge in SAP, Creo, web, cloud and database technology is desirable.
- Very good English skills (minimum C1).
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to drive change.
- Willingness to travel (approx. 20%).
What we can offer to you
- Work with the emphasis on quality and reliability
- A creative job and space for self-fulfillment
- Systematical support of expertise development
- Stable background of the Siemens Mobility company
- Open opportunities in expert and management career growth
- 5 weeks of holiday allowance, flexible work hours, comfortable working environment, home office, kindergarten, all for better relax and work-life balance
- Individual budget for benefits which can be changed to a combination of up to 8 days of bonus holidays, credits for cafeteria system and pension/life insurance allowance
- Electronic meal vouchers
- Multisport card
- A modern workplace in Prague with excellent proximity to public transport (next to metro B Stodůlky station)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time