Job title: Senior Java Axis2 Developer
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You will be responsible for Webservice and Web application Development for EDI Platform
- You will Ensure stable operations for the IT service
- You will be responsible for Contribute to design the solution, understand and provide inputs for Architecture decisions
- You will be responsible for to Take over application Maintenance in the area of EDI Communication Layer (e.g., Change Requests, continuous Integration, 3rd level Support for Incidents)
- You will be responsible for Contribute to various integration projects in a broad diversity of scenarios
- You will be responsible for Implement new interfaces and applications based on specified requirements respective as discussed and agreed with relevant stakeholders
- You will be responsible for Code Review and (automated) testing
- You will be responsible for Root cause analysis and bugs correction
- You will be responsible for Notify and track dependencies on other teams related with interface implementation, as infrastructure, network, firewall, security, etc.
- You will be responsible for Produce technical documentation
- You will be responsible for Ensure internal IT compliance & security guidelines are met
- You will be responsible for Participate on regular status meetings
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech
- You must have 3-6 years of professional experience in software development with below skills
Mandatory technical Skills:
- You must have experience on Core Java, Webservice technologies (Soap/Rest, WSDL, …)
- You must have experience on Apache Axis2, XML based technologies (XSLT, XPath, XQuery)
- You must have experience on UML/OOAD, SQL, Junit, Eclipse, Tomcat, Maven
Other helpful Skills
- Version control (GIT, TFS)
- JPA / ORM (like Hibernate/EclipseLink)
- Data-interchange formats (XML, EDIFACT, …)
- Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, GitLab, …)
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Microservices, ActiveMQ
- Database (Oracle / MySQL / PostgreSQL)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes…)
- Customer-oriented and solution-focused
- Availability to travel (occasional and for short periods)
- Must have good analytical, debugging and tracing skills.
- Sound knowledge of Software Engineering processes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make / drive decisions and be an enthusiastic team player
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time